Monday, May 21, 2007

And off we go!

So today is my first day of work that begins the long stretch! I am just hoping we have a really good week. I always like to do well when Dina is out of town, so that she can feel assured the store is in good hands!

Last night was Youth Group, and it was energizing and draining all at the same time. We were playing chair-ball which is sort of like basketball but you have people standing on chairs at either end and the goal is to make the person for your team catch the ball. Mary Therese a girl with down syndrome was playing and everyone is always really good at paying attention to her and making sure she doesn't get hurt. However she definetely got slammed in the face and everything was put on hold for a few minutes. The leaders crowded around her and then I went over and said "Hey Mary Therese you are playing amazing you are just crazy out there!" And all of a sudden she was playing again. It's so funny how the mind works, depending what we choose to focus on.

So often I wish I could have Mary Therese's honesty and drive. If I could just focus on the positive, I wonder what I could accomplish. (With a lot of help from the J-Man of course!)

In other very exciting news Paul (the Youth Minister at Church) got in the job description for what my position would be. Which means things can just keep moving forward. The offer of this job was such a blessing, especially after the disappointment that was the Children's Museum (which I will write about at a later date).

I have a lot to get done with Will's graduation in two weeks and all. And I think Nate and I are going to stay put and paint the apartment which I am excited about. I am hoping maybe Dina will let us stay at her place while we do it, just to avoid the fumes, and her apartment is gorgoeous and right downtown so it would be a fun little escape!

If anything else crazy happens today I will update. . .so until then.

attempting to stay in grace

mere

No comments: