Monday, September 24, 2007

and the answer is. . .

No.

Stephen called today. I was in the middle of the Broadway Antique Mall with Nate. Anyways he said in lots more words that they aren't 100% sure that they can make me a career because of my less than plus size and because of that they aren't willing for me to take that risk.

Stephen was so sweet. It almost seemed as if it was hard for him to tell me no. He kept telling me that I was lovely and a lovely person on top of that. So that felt good.

Not to say I'm not disappointed, but it kind of kicked me into gear that it is so not about me.

As simple as it may seem, perhaps Stephen needed to meet another Christian wanting to share with him the love of Christ. Perhaps we were to have our short encounter for that purpose.

I should be fullfilled with that.

And I also shouldn't limit this experience to what my mortal mind can wrap itself around.

I'll be honest, I had a little cry, and I'm eating some food that is not so good for me right now, and just being grossly human.

But I have a husband and family and friends and most importantly a saviour that loves me just the way I am.

Besides, something interesting is coming this way. I can feel it in my bones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, mere, i'm so sorry...



but i am glad you did it. like you said--there is so much more than we see.

and i'm sure it was so hard for stephen to tell you. he seriously has such a good heart.

God is sovereign over all of this. we asked him to have his way. his will is the best.

you're still in my prayers.