Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Back 2 Life, Back 2 Reality

Ahhhhhh.
Sometimes I love to just take a deep breath. To be acutely aware of my body and how it functions. I also love when you haven't really had any hydration for a bit and you can feel the water go down through your chest as it rehydrates you. It is a good feeling.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my time. I feel busy, but not busy enough.

I did a massive overhaul on the apartment yesterday. Pray, pray, pray, that if it is God's will we find someone to sublease our apartment. We really want to move to Evanston. We went and saw the apartments and they are so great! The kitchen even has room for our table which is amazing if you have seen the kitchen we have now.
So if it is to be, I would love it to be!

I am reading the whole Time Series by Madeline L'Engle right now. I started randomly but then decided to do it in honor of her passing. As of now I am on A Swiftly Tilting Planet which is the third installment. So timely, so universal. Her writing continues to amaze me. And it is really making me focus on not losing my ability to fantasize and imagine.

Speaking of fantasizing, Nate and I stayed up late last night to watch Pan's Labyrinth. AMAZING! I think everyone should see it. It is beautiful.

I need to get back to work. Tonight is my first Jr. High Girls Small Group. And for the kickoff, we are doing a big ice cream sundae party, where everyone brings their favorite topping and I provide the ice cream! I am excited to see how many will come!

mere

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, i wish i was in your small group. what a great idea.

great post--full of great observations, thoughts, and reviews.

love it! love you!

Miles said...

So...you were probably the person who anonymously commented on LJ...

I've never read "Many Waters" to finish out the Time Quartet...just the first 3. There's a quote from the 2nd book which blows me away...first by its profound truth and second because it's found in a children's book.

I'm still on "A Wrinkle in Time."

Finally, you should check out the audio book of Wrinkle...it's read by Madeline herself.